METRO RENT A CAR & TRUCKS CORP. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.GENERAL AGREEMENT: This Agreement is between the signing it, ("you", "your", or "yours") and Metro Rent A Car & Trucks Corp. You agree and understand that your obligations under this Agreement are personal and are not assignable or transferable by you. You understand that each rental is solely a bailment for mutual benefit and that you are not our agent for any purpose.
2. PROHIBITED USE OF CAR: The Rental Car is allowed to drive in California, Arizona and Nevada ONLY. Unlimited miles, Insurance CDW and other products AUTOMATICALLY VOID if you cross the mentioned states. The Unlimited miles become 100 miles per day and $0.33 cent per extra mile and you're responsible to pay in full at return. Other fees may apply. In no circumstances the rental vehicle should pass the border of these three states. Certain uses of the car and other things you or the other driver may do, or fail to do, will violate this Agreement. A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WHICH INCLUDES USE OF THE CAR BY AN UNAUTHORIZED DRIVER, WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE YOUR RENTAL, VOID ALL LIABILITY PROTECTION, UNLIMITED MILES AND ANY OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED, INCLUDING ADDITIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE, PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE, AND LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER. IT ALSO MAKES YOU LIABLE TO US FOR ALL PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED LEGAL EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS. It is a violation of this paragraph is: A. You use or permit the car to be used:1) by anyone other than an authorized driver, as defined in the first part of the Agreement; 2) to carry passengers or property for hire; 3) to tow or push anything; 4)to be operated in a test, race or contest, or on unpaved roads; 5) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance; 6) for conduct that could properly be charged as a crime such as a felony or misdemeanor; 7)carelessly, recklessly or while over-loaded. 8)to carry pets on board. B. You or an additional driver, authorized or not: 1)fail to report any damage to or loss of the car when it occurs, or when you learn of it but, barring physical incapacity, in no event delayed more than 24 hours; 2)fail to promptly provide us with a written accident/incident report or fail to cooperate fully with our investigation; 3)obtained the car through fraud or misrepresentation; 4)leave the car unattended for any duration of time while the Vehicle engine is operating, or leave the keys or key-fob(s) in the vehicle, or lock all windows, doors and the trunk, and the car is stolen or vandalized. 5)return the car after hours and the car is damaged, stolen or vandalized or otherwise failed to take reasonable steps to secure the Vehicle, its keys or other remote entry and starting devices.
3. CONDITION AND RETURN OF THE CAR: You must return the Vehicle to our rental office or other location we identify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, and in the same condition that you have received it. If the Vehicle is returned to any other office or location or left somewhere other than the office or location identified by us, you remain responsible for the safety of and any damage to the Vehicle until we inspect it. In addition, you authorize us to charge your credit or debit card a one-way charge or service fee plus any additional costs incurred by us in the return of the Vehicle. If the Vehicle is returned after closing hours, you remain responsible for the safety of and any damage to the Vehicle until we inspect it upon our next opening for business. Service to the Vehicle or replacement of parts or accessories during the rental must have our prior approval. You must maintain all fluid levels, return the car same fuel level when received, lock the Vehicle at all time when you are not operating the Vehicle.
4. RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS, REPORTING TO POLICE, RESPONSIBILITY FOR TOLLS AND PARKING VIOLATIONS: You are responsible for all damage to, and for loss or theft of, the Vehicle including damage caused by weather, road conditions and acts of nature, even if you are not at fault. You are responsible for the cost of repair, or the actual cash retail value of the Vehicle on the date of the loss if the Vehicle is not repairable or if we elect not to repair the Vehicle. You are also responsible for Loss of Use, Diminished Value, and our administrative expenses incurred processing a claim. You must report all accidents and incidents of theft and vandalism to us and the police as soon as you discover them. You are responsible for paying the charging authorities directly all parking citations, toll fees, fines for toll evasion, and other fees, fines and penalties assessed against you, us, or the Vehicle during this rental. If you fail to pay any of these charges and we pay any part of them, you will reimburse us for all such charges and, in addition, pay us an administrative fee of $75 for each such charge.
5. CHARGES AND COSTS: You will pay us at or before the conclusion of this rental, or on demand, all charges due us under this Agreement, including the charges and fees shown on the Front Page and: 1)a mileage charge based on our experience if the odometer is tampered with; 2)all expenses we incur locating and recovering the Vehicle if you fail to return it, return it to a location other than the location or office identified by us, or if we elect to repossess the Vehicle under the terms of this Agreement; 3)all costs including all attorney fees we incur collecting payment from you, or otherwise, enforcing or defending our rights under this Agreement; 4)a 2% per month late payment fee or the maximum amount by law on all amounts past due; 5)a reasonable fee, to clean the Vehicle up to $350.00 if returned substantially less clean than when rented or if there is evidence of smoking in our Vehicle, and; 6)towing, storage charges, court costs, penalties and all other costs we incur resulting from your use of the Vehicle during this rental.
6. INSURANCE: a)You agree that in the event of loss or damage to the Vehicle, whether or not due to what you do or you do not do, you shall be responsible for and shall pay METRO-RENT-A-CAR & TRUCKS CORP. (on demand) the amount of loss or damage, including but not limited to loss of use of the Vehicle except as shall be otherwise expressly provided herein or by law.b)You agree and understand that your using or obtaining your own insurance for the rental Vehicle is part of the consideration relied upon by Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. in renting car to you. You also understand and agree that Our Company is relying on Your insurance warranties and representations, and thus, is not providing Automotive Bodily Injury, Property Damage Liability (including Personal Injury Protection, No-Fault, and Uninsured Motorist coverage, where required) and Collision and Comprehensive Insurance on the rental Vehicle to you or any other person. c)Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. and You hereby reject our providing Uninsured Motorist, supplemental No-Fault and other optional coverage. Further, we reduce all coverage, including any of the above coverage that cannot be rejected automatically to the minimum requirements of any financial responsibility or other applicable law. BEYOND SUCH LAW, IF ANY, Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. DOES NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE TO YOU, OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON USING, OPERATING OR MAINTAINING THE RENTAL VEHICLE DESCRIBED ON THE REVERSE SIDE, YOU SHALL BE LIABLE FOR REASONABLE LOSS OF OF USE OF AND DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING ELSE STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT WHICH IS CAUSED BY YOUR VIOLATION(S) OF ANY OF THE TERMS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE RESTRICTIONS STATED, ALL OF THE OUR COMPANY OBLIGATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. INSURANCE OBLIGATIONS, IF ANY, ARE VOID IS THE VEHICLE IS USED OR OPERATED IN VIOLATION OF THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT, HOWEVER, YOUR OBLIGATIONS TO OUR COMPANY'S RIGHTS REMAIN VALID AND ENFORCEABLE. Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. insurance, if any, shall not apply to any obligation imposed under worker's compensation, unemployment compensation, disability benefits or other similar laws or to anything you must do because of any contract. d)You shall defend and indemnify Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. from all loss, liability and expense, in excess of the insurance amounts stated in this Agreement, arising out of YOUR use of Vehicle. e)If You are ever considered as an insured under Metro-Rent-A-Car & Truck Corp. insurance policy, YOU agree to all the terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions of OUR insurance policy. f)You must immediately report any accident to Our Company at the renting location and to the police or other law enforcement agencies when required to do so by any governmental law or regulation. You must cooperate with our insurer in the investigation and defense of any accident, claim or legal action.
7. INDEMNITY AND WARRANTIES: We may terminate this Agreement and repo the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you, if you breech this Agreement, or if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Agreement. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability from all claims, liability, costs, and attorney fees we incur resulting from or arising out of this rental.
8. YOUR PROPERTY: You release us from all claim or loss, or damage to your personal property that we received, handled, stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in our office.